At The Stables (Royal Norwich)
Location – Weston Longville, Norwich (NR9)
Salary – Competitive
The Stables is nestled amongst 350 acres of heritage parkland providing an eclectic mix of social events & dining experiences in Norfolk, hosting an internationally acclaimed golf course & golf academy.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring and passionate Head Chef to lead an already established team. We are looking for a candidate who is creative and proficient in all aspects of food preparation. You will have overall control of the kitchen team, along with influence on the menu engineering and culinary direction of the operation.
You will be responsible for running our theatre kitchen alongside our commercial kitchen, which is state of the art & all induction. We feature cookery schools, micro bakery, cookery demonstrations, functions and chef’s private dining table; along with a full range of related food activities, a truly wonderful opportunity for an up & coming experienced chef to show case their talents.
You will assist the Director of Hospitality in driving the guest and member experience, helping to solicit guest feedback to improve food styles and presentation quality.
The Stables at Royal Norwich, is a forward thinking operation and looking to be a benchmark destination offering a variety of culinary experiences. Please do access the website for further information on our values and culture https://www.royalnorwichgolf.co.uk/the-stables/
Our Vision at Royal Norwich is ‘To always be recognised as a premier member’s golf club and to ensure an exceptional golf and social experience for our members, their families and guests’
• Plan and direct food preparation whilst supporting in the development of culinary activities
• Modify and create menus to meet the required quality standard
• Estimate food requirements and food/labour cost
• Supervise kitchen productivity
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
• Recruit and manage kitchen staff
• Rectify arising problems or complaints
• Give prepared plates the “final touch”
• Perform administrative duties – rotas, payroll controls
• Comply with nutrition and allergen regulations along with safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
• Maintain our five stars for hygiene
• Evaluate and set appropriate and necessary standards of operation, execution and delivery within the culinary operation: taking ownership for the entire experience from production to final delivery on the end product, while working closely with FOH management team.
• Deliver consistency and high quality in all dining experience operations
• Proven successful working experience as a head chef
• Excellent record of kitchen management
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• Capable of delegating multiple tasks
• Communication and leadership skills
• Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS)
Candidate Qualifications and Certification
• 706/3 Advanced Kitchen & Larder
• 706/3 Advanced Patisserie
• Diploma in Kitchen Management
• Advanced Food Hygiene
Or equivalent of the above
Please send cv to [email protected]